• Follow one of two promising dietary approaches for type 2 diabetes for 12 months: either the plate method approach or a very low carbohydrate (‘keto’) diet. If you join, you’ll be randomly assigned to one of these two diets, both of which appear helpful for people with type 2 diabetes.
• Join weekly, and then monthly, group-based online classes for one year with a teacher who will support you as you make changes to your way of eating and lifestyle.
• Learn about making long-lasting habit changes fit into your life.
• Complete study measurements at the start of the study, and again at month 4 and month 12. These will include a blood draw, an in-person appointment, and some online surveys.You might be eligible if you are 21 or older and have type 2 diabetes. Participants who are eligible and complete the 12 month trial may receive up to $170.
Questions? Email or call us:
• email@example.com (Michigan) or firstname.lastname@example.org (California)
• 734-763-1997 (Michigan) or 415-353-9723 (California)
Primary Investigator: Dr. Laura Saslow, PhD (University of Michigan) with site lead Dr. Rick Hecht, MD (University of California San Francisco)Approved research: HUM00202808